Epic UGM is back in-person for 2021!
The conference begins on Monday, August 23rd, and concludes on Wednesday, August 25th. Similar to pre-COVID years, the conference is taking place in Verona, Wisconsin at Epic’s campus; however, this year there is a full-vaccination requirement to attend. Streaming options will be available for the Executive Address.
Epic Systems is hosting the event, and executives, directors, clinical staff, and others from the Epic client community are encouraged to attend.
This year’s theme is “Stories of Legend & Lore,” so grab your camera, because you may spot the elusive Lochness Monster or Big Foot! Attendees will drop into the unknown realm of fantasy and cryptozoology but will look to reality to learn about the changes coming to the healthcare technology industry.
It has been so long since most of us have traveled, so don't forget to start planning your trip now! Read on for a list of key dates and tips to make this one of the most unbelievable #EpicUGM conferences yet.
Important Registration Dates:
June 17th - Registration begins
July 16th - Early bird registration ends
Epic UGM Schedule:
Sunday, August 22nd - Pre-Conference Campfire
Monday, August 23rd - Advisory Councils, CEO Pre-Council Program, CIO Pre-Conference Breakouts
Tuesday, August 24th - Executive Address & Cool Stuff Ahead, CEO Council, CIO Roundtables Plenary Session, UGM Forums, Cool Stuff Breakouts & Peer-to-Peer Sessions, Tuesday Night Dinner
Wednesday, August 25th - CIO Roundtables, CEO Council, UGM Forums, Cool Stuff Breakouts & Peer-to-Peer Sessions, Forums
View the full agenda for the week on the website here.
Tips To Make This The Best Epic UGM Yet:
- Get your vaccination early. Remember, you must be fully vaccinated to attend the conference, and some shots, such as Pfizer, require 3 weeks between doses.
- Give yourself more time than usual for air travel, and familiarize yourself with the latest CDC guidelines for travelers.
- Have a few goals in mind so you aren’t overwhelmed by all the learning and networking opportunities.
- Make sure to attend Sunday’s pre-conference campfire. It is a great way to gain valuable information and tips for the upcoming days.
- If this is your first time attending Epic UGM, don’t forget to schedule travel appropriately so you arrive in time for Sunday’s orientation.
- If you’re a physician or pharmacist in need of continuing education credits, don’t forget that many UGM sessions qualify for CME, CNE, and CPE credits.
- Can't be there in person? Check the UGM website for streaming options.
Join the conversation on Twitter through the conference hashtag — #EpicUGM. And share your conference tips with us at @HITLeaders.