Epic UGM 2018 Planning Guide
No your calendar isn't off: Epic UGM 18 kicks off about a month earlier this year than previous years. The conference begins on August 27, 2018 and ends on August 30, 2018. Executives, directors, clinical staff, and others with a strategic focus in Epic are invited to attend this event in Verona, Wisconsin that attracts close to 20,000 people.
The theme of Epic UGM 2018 is “The Great Outdoors”, a tribute to the opportunity for attendees to survey the ever-changing landscape in healthcare.
With thousands of people expected to attend Epic UGM 2018, it’s time to start planning before summer kicks into high gear. Last year was a blast and we know this year will be even better. Below is a list of key dates for the conference and tips from Vicki Davis, our Vice President of Epic Training and Optimization.
Epic UGM 2018 Key Dates
June 21 Conference registration opens
June 21 UGM hotel block registration begins
July 19 Last day for Early Bird Registration
July 24 Last day for Regular Reservation
July 26 Hotel reservation cancellation deadline for Madison Area Hotels
July 2 Hotel reservation cancellation for Wisconsin Dells Hotels
Aug 26 First-Time UGM Orientation
Aug 28 UGM Day Two: General Session, CEO Council, Executive Breakouts, Sessions
Aug 29 UGM Day Three: CEO Council, Executive Cybersecurity Forum, Sessions
Aug 30 UGM Day Four: Cybersecurity, Managed Care, and Pop Health Forums
Tips from an Expert Epic UGM Attendee
Our Vice President of Epic Training and Optimization, Vicki Davis, has attended several Epic UGMs. Here is her advice for first-time and returning attendees:
- Review all of the lectures and plan your agenda beforehand. If you have packed your schedule with lots of back-to-back sessions, do some pruning. Leave yourself time to absorb the content, network with others, and see the amazing Epic campus.
- Download the mobile app (Apple | Android) for a quick pocket guide to events and a helpful tool for finding your peers onsite.
- Stay behind to speak to the participants and presenters of lectures. These will be some of your most valuable conversations!
- Hydrate and pace yourself! It's summer, and you’ll be doing a lot of walking and talking so bring a reusable water bottle and wear comfortable shoes.
- If it’s your first time, attend the Sunday orientation session. You’ll receive a ton of valuable information and tips from the Epic UGM staff.
- If you're a physician, nurse or pharmacist, plan to log some valuable continuing education credits. More than 100 Epic UGM 18 sessions qualify for CME, CNE or CPE credits.
Do you have a helpful tip for getting the most out of Epic UGM 2018? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter at HITLeaders.
Subscribe to Healthcare IT Leaders Blog Updates
Get healthcare IT hiring news, consulting tips, and industry insights from our experts delivered right to your inbox.