A few weeks ago, we released our eBook on the Top 50 Health IT Influencers on Twitter, a list of top-notch individuals talking about health IT on the regular.
To comprise our list, we used a tool from SEO Moz called Followerwonk, which ranks an individual’s Social Authority, placing importance on how often a person is receiving conversation around their Tweets rather than how often they’re Tweeting or how many followers they have. We added to our list of qualifications that, to make the list, the individual had to Tweet about healthcare IT or to other HIT influencers at least 50% of the time.
On Twitter, it’s all about the conversation. Those 50 influencers made the list this year, but as fluid as conversation is, the list could be almost entirely different next year.
To make sure you’re in the know about who might make that 2016 list and your Twitter feed is filled with the best, most relevant HIT news, we compiled an additional list of 20 Health IT Influencers to Watch, listed below with their Twitter handles and bios.
- Rasu Shrestha, MD, MBA (@
#Innovation Officer. Driven by the pursuit of value-based intelligent healthcare. #HITsm #hcldr #hcsm
Physician, Informatician, Pragmatic futurist. Chief
- Linda Stotsky (@):
#HIMSS15 | #HIT1 #HIT100 #HIT99 | #HIMSS S&I WG | #EMR #HIE Product Mgr | Speaker | #Ptsafety Advoc | Senior Director HC Business Dev-US @LogicNets | #HITsm
- Brian T. Edwards (@HealthGrid): Executive Director @KanterHealth & @LHSNetwork. Co-founder @HealthHeritage. Tweets are mine.
- Brittney Wilson, BSN (@): Community Manager @NextWaveConnect, Award Winning Author & Blogger, Social Media Influencer, & Clinical Informatics Nurse.
#HIT #HCSM #HITsm
- Neil Versel (@): Reporter for @medcitynews, specializing in health IT, patient safety, quality of care. On board of @HealtheVillages. Creator of http://msatour.net .
- Camea (Kamiya) (@Kamiyamay): Camea Kirkpatrick, RN,BSN
#Telehealth #Data #HCLDR, #HCSM #HIMSS #HITsm , #HPM, #EMR, #HIT, #MedX Alumni, #Leadership #Nsg #TheWalkingGallery
- Ryan Lucas (@):
#salutogenesis, health/psych crossroads, complex adaptive systems, wellbeing, theoricist, like #hitsm. member: @health20db & #HIT100
- Max Stroud (@): Geek, Healthcare IT Consultant, Troubleshooter, Dreamer, Traveler
- Faisal Qureshi (@): My ancestors invented coffee. Into tech & healthIT.
#mhealth #hcsm #hitsm #UX #UI #BTLE
- David May (@): Interventional cardiologist/ PhD Pharmacology Managing partner/ Cardiovascular Specialists PA: Health policy, AUC, registry research, HCSM, CER, EHR, CQI
- Kathy McCoy (@): Content Marketing for Health IT and ERP; Fascinated by mHealth; dog lover. 2013 & 2012
#HIT100 member. Opinions are my own.
- Elena Tobin (@): High on life & always first on the dance floor. @Columbia alumna
#healthcare #health #mhealth #business #tech #innovation #wellness.
- Mark Scrimshire (@): Health IT and Data Ninja, CMS BlueButton Entrepreneur, HealthCa.mp Chief Instigator, Medyear co-founder.These are my own views.
- Mark A. Carbone (@): I'm passionate about mHealth, DigitalHealth, WearableTech, Respiratory and Speech Therapy innovation, my wife and 2 boys, the USA, and God.
- Daniel Z. Sands, MD (@): Speaker, consultant, thought leader, PCP @ intersection of healthcare, IT, and biz. Co-Founder, @S4PM. CMO @KinergyHealth & @ConversaHealth.
- Kathy McCoy (@): Director, Content Marketing for HealthFusion/MediTouch EHR, 2014 Stage 2 Certified; 2012 & 2013 HIT100
- Henry Soch (@): Center for Clincal Technology at Sg2. Enthusiastic promoter of mHealth, eLearning and medical informatics. The opinions expressed here are my own.
- Timothy Aungst (@): Assistant Professor | Pharmacist | The Digital Apothecary | Freelance Writer & Consultant |
#mHealth & #digitalhealth Commentator | Views are my own.
- Lucia Savage (@): At the intersection of Health IT, law, privacy and public policy. My tweets are my personal views.
- Jenn HIStalk (@): Digital Diva at @HIStalk. Sign up for the latest healthcare IT updates for physician practices: http://ow.ly/LRaLv
Our Top 50 Health IT Influencers on Twitter eBook also lists how to become more health IT influential, including tips from us and the 2015 influencers, if you’d like to improve your own HIT influence on Twitter.