Product Designer (UI/UX Developer)Job Order #025411
- Posted On: July 26, 2023
- Position Title: Product Designer (UI/UX Developer)
- Position Type: Contract to Permanent
- Work Location: Remote
- State: United States
Our Healthcare client in New York City is seeking a Product Designer (UI/UX Developer) with a passion for developing intuitive and transformative products for a diverse range of users. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of users.
• Lead the overall user experience/design process from discovery to delivery.
• Identify, solidify and prioritize design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
• Create responsive designs, with a focus on designing mobile-first.
• Identify new product improvement opportunities.
• Act as an advocate for design thinking across the organization.
• Coordinate with managers and team members to develop roadmaps for new product development, set deadlines, and engage with stakeholders.
• Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing preferences and needs.
• Work closely with engineers, managers, and leadership to suggest improvements for products and processes.
• Present designs to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
• Assist in the selection and implementation of an enterprise design system (Figma, etc.).
• Develops high‐fidelity wireframes and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate high‐level design strategies
• Create training guides and end-user reference materials
Qualifications and preferred skills:
• Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, stakeholder alignment copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
• Ability to work quickly and adapt to an ever-changing environment
• Dedication to advocating for user-centered design while delivering complex, scalable enterprise products
• Comfort with ambiguity and complexity
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
• Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
• Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
• Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
• Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or similar tools
• BS/BA degree in Design, Visual Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field preferred
• 5-8 years of design experience, with a well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of UI and UX principles
• Knowledge and experience with digital accessibility and WCAG/Section 508 compliance
• Prior experience in healthcare or strong familiarity with the structures, practices and processes of healthcare systems
To learn more about this and other positions, contact Jessica Plemmons at 678-593-3331 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT workforce solutions, connecting healthcare provider, payer and life sciences organizations with experienced technology talent for consulting and full-time hiring. For more information, visit us on the web at www.healthcareitleaders.com.#LI-JP1
Healthcare IT Leaders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.