Staff AccountantJob Order #021869
- Posted On: May 13, 2022
- Position Title: Staff Accountant
- Position Type: Contract
- Work Location: Hybrid
- State: Massachusetts
Our client seeks a staff accountant. This is a 2 year contract with hybrid requirements (remote with some onsite).
1. Prepares drafts of financial statements.
2. Prepares monthly account reconciliations. Reviews and analyzes supporting schedules. Analyzes general ledger accounts for interim, monthly and year-end closings. Reviews monthly trial balance and detail general ledger.
3. Prepares and posts general and standard journal entries as required.
4. Maintains fixed assets system, prepare required schedules and supporting documentation. Analyzes Construction-In Progress accounts and maintain detail by specific project.
5. Analyzes billing and intercompany transactions. Analyzes major variances between actual and budget financial reports. Determines that fees for non-patient services that were rendered, rents and other revenues are collected and recorded. Bills and reconciles miscellaneous accounts receivable accounts.
6. Maintains required records and files as required for audit purposes. Assists in preparation of audit work papers, and assist auditors as necessary.
7. Assists in preparation of supporting schedules for tax returns.
Standard Staffing Level Responsibilities:
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
- One to two years’ accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and PC based spreadsheets.
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.
To learn more about this and other positions, contact Patrice Townsend at or firstname.lastname@example.org. Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT workforce solutions, connecting healthcare provider, payer and life sciences organizations with experienced technology talent for consulting and full-time hiring. For more information, visit us on the web at www.healthcareitleaders.com.