Payroll SpecialistJob Order #021428
- Posted On: February 7, 2022
- Position Title: Payroll Specialist
- Position Type: Permanent
- State: Georgia
- City: Alpharetta
Advance Your Career at an Industry Leader
Ranked on the Inc. 5000, voted one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work, and named by Forbes as one of the nation’s top recruitment companies, Healthcare IT Leaders seeks a motivated Payroll Specialist with previous staffing and accounting experience to join our firm. We offer competitive benefits, a flexible and family-friendly work environment, and offer training and community volunteering opportunities.
Reporting and Responsibilities
Payroll Specialists work as part of a company’s accounting and human resources departments to ensure that employees and consultants get paid and employers make the appropriate deductions when processing payroll. They serve in an administrative role to calculate and send out paychecks for employees with different employment classifications. They are responsible for balancing the payroll budget and documenting all transactions related to an employee’s wages, including any payments or credits for commission, bonuses, and pay. They may use multiple systems and payroll software features to pay employees and contractors.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
· Processes payroll bi-weekly including wage and overtime payments, calculations and recording of payroll deductions, and requests for paycheck advances.
· Verifies timekeeping records, maintain time and attendance records using paper timesheets and/or electronic time management system.
· Prepares and transmits payroll checks and direct deposits.
· Processing wage garnishments
· Making adjustments in pay for raises, bonuses, and commission
· Generates and verifies payroll reports out of payroll system.
· Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
· Maintains direct deposit documentation, pre-note processes, and system data
· Completes applications in multiple states in order to set up state tax IDs, ensuring proper setup and accurate state tax filings.
· Verifies and reconciles W2s prior to issuance.
· Two plus years’ experience in payroll processes and procedures
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now or other payroll software
· Prior experience working with multijurisdictional laws in accordance with payroll
· At least two years’ experience in federal reporting, data entry, account reconciliations, and general office responsibilities
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks without compromising deadlines
· Thorough understanding of bookkeeping concepts and math skills are essential to daily responsibilities.
· High school diploma/ GED or two years’ experience in payroll
· Associate Degree or higher
· 5 years’ experience in ADP, UKG, or other payroll software and time management systems
· Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.