Epic ECSA Senior DBAJob Order #020554
- Posted On: November 1, 2021
- Position Title: Epic ECSA Senior DBA
- Position Type: Contract
- State: Remote
Our Boston-based client is currently seeking an Epic ECSA/Sr DBA for a 6 month remote contract beginning ASAP.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Accountable for contributing to the technical architecture and supporting the day-to-day operations, support and management of the client’s cloud hosted healthcare application ecosystem.
- Supervises staff and sets project goals, requirements, and schedules.
- Leads and coordinates the work of the Epic ECSA/ODBA team.
- Supervises and performs the installs, upgrades, maintenance and support database software and Windows related applications on selected server platforms and ensures license compliance.
- Manages storage associated with databases and assists system administrators with storage allocation and planning related to the database.
- Monitors, optimizes and troubleshoots the performance of database instances and applications in a networked environment.
- Designs and implements viable database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and mechanisms.
- Executes database recovery, restoration, and/or restart as required.
- Monitors and optimizes database instance using database administration tools, SQL scripts, and database utilities.
- Monitors and configures database parameters accordingly.
- Defines and implements database parameters, security, audit, and resource allocation policies and procedures.
- Defines, creates, and manages user accounts, profiles, privileges, roles, and required audit information.
- Designs, implements and performs data extraction, data load, data conversion and interfacing and database synchronization routines and functions.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams (Linux, Oracle, Windows, Network, SAN etc.) related to database, application and environment support and projects.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging database trends/technologies.
- Attends training and educational seminars as required.
- Provides technical expertise to outside vendors, contractors, EIS management and other EIS staff as needed.
- Carries a department-supplied laptop and responds to pages in a timely manner.
- Provides on-call support for the ECSA/ODBA team (24/7 weekly rotation.)
- Mentors and supports ECSA/ODBA team members during their on-call rotations when assigned.
- Participates and offers expertise in critical-call event management.
- Manages the on-call rotation of ECSA/ODBA staff members.
- Maintains version control, administration of scripts for file manipulation and programming access to multiple environments.
- Responsible for daily build migrations working closely with application and change teams.
- Analyze and troubleshoot migration issues and mitigate the fixes and resolutions.
- Conducts cross-team training and lessons learned sessions.
- Creates, maintains and ensures documentation of team processes and procedures, including operating manuals or training materials for internally managed databases and systems.
- Ability to communicate technical, complex issues in simple terms.
- Understands technical product roadmaps and determines support requirements.
- Team orientation and proven ability to work across boundaries up and down the organization.
- Innovative problem-solving skills and excellent written, briefing, and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards and audit requirements
- Eight years of Epic ODBA/ECSA experience.
- Extensive experience with Linux and Windows operating systems and tools.
- Experience in latest Epic/Cache versions.
- Extensive experience in project management, systems, and database administration and integration, user relations and vendor interactions.
- Working knowledge of patient care databases and financial and administrative database applications.
- Working knowledge of monitoring, tuning, and administration of Cache databases and Epic Windows applications.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Strong skills in prioritizing workloads, meeting deadlines, managing several broad-scope projects at one time, and utilizing time effectively for staff and self.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide mentorship, team leadership and work effectively as a team player.
- Project management skills for cross-team and internal projects.
- Undergraduate degree
- 6-8 years relevant experience
- Epic ODBA Certification
- Epic ECSA Certification
- Data Courier Certification
- Chronicles Certification
- Clarity Certification(s), preferred.
To learn more about this and other positions, contact Jared Fudge at (978) 979-5773 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT workforce solutions, connecting healthcare provider, payer and life sciences organizations with experienced technology talent for consulting and full-time hiring. For more information, visit us on the web at www.healthcareitleaders.com.