Sr. Network Security EngineerJob Order #017181
- Posted On: December 16, 2020
- Position Title: Sr. Network Security Engineer
- Position Type: Contract to Permanent
- State: Pennsylvania
- City: Philadelphia
Our client in Philadelphia is currently seeking a Sr Network Security Engineer for a 3 month, contract to hire position, starting ASAP.
- Sr Network Security Engineer provides the ability to operate Palo Alto firewalls to protect networks from cutting edge cyber threats.
- Responsible for managing the operation, configuration, implementation and migration of Palo Alto firewalls. Additional responsibilities includes, but is not limited to troubleshooting, creation of rule and configuration changes with templates, capacity planning, OS upgrades and CLI troubleshooting.
- Conducting audits on managed firewalls will be necessary to ensure compliance standards, policies and configuration guidelines are met.
- Writing debugging and trace tools to assist network and security teams will also be required.
- Visio diagrams will need to be created and maintained on network flow to assist team with troubleshooting.
- Vendor management for managed circuits, equipment, and support.
- A working knowledge of Cisco network environment along with the ability to support a wide range of infrastructure technologies including Cisco routing and switching, WAN/LAN, VoIP, Unified Communications, enterprise, border and optimization management architectures/systems (VMWare, NetApp, AD, Citrix and Net Scalers).
- Experience with security compliance standards (i.e. HIPAA) along with site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN. Provides 24/7 support with on-call rotation.
- Bachelors Degree: in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field (Required) • Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Licenses and Certifications
- PCNSA - Palo Alto Cert Netwrk Sec Admn (Required)
- MA+ - Microsoft A+ Cert (Required) or NETWORK+ - Network + Certification (Required)
- CCNP - Cisco Cert Net Professional (Preferred)
- 7 Years experience Network Security (Palo Alto Firewalls) engineering, design, and implementation experience (Required)
- 5 Years experience and a working knowledge of enterprise, border and optimization management architectures/systems (VMWare, NetApp, AD, Citrix, NSX, NetScaler) (Required)
- 5 Years experience with hands-on experience in telecommunications or network security engineering (Required)
- 5 years experience in IT infrastructure or related IT experience (Required)
- 5 Years experience and knowledge working with LAN switch technology (including large scale LAN network, STP, VTP domain management, network test methods and equipment) (Required)
To learn more about this and other positions, contact Jared Fudge at (978) 561-2019 or email@example.com. Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT workforce solutions, connecting healthcare provider, payer and life sciences organizations with experienced technology talent for consulting and full-time hiring. For more information, visit us on the web at www.healthcareitleaders.com.