Senior Data ArchitectJob Order #014823
- Posted On: January 8, 2020
- Position Title: Senior Data Architect
- Position Type: Contract
One of our clients in New York City is seeking a local Data Architect for a contract-to-hire opportunity. This role would begin by February.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To design and implement complex ETL processes for the Data management and Quality program. Consultant will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Data models to support the needs of data warehousing. The position is responsible for recommending and adopting best practices to ensure high data quality standards are maintained and redundancy is reduced.
• Own high availability production database systems
• Work with infrastructure engineers, developers, and architects to troubleshoot issues, optimize performance, define and implement database best practices
• Design detailed data architectures, including constructing domain, conceptual, logical and physical data models, interface specifications and data flow diagrams
• Shape enterprise data architecture design patterns, design principles and best practices enhancing business solution delivery
• Understand governance, standards, compliance, audit, regulatory and audit requirements and ensure that these are factored into your design
• Specify appropriate data structures for various software development projects. Manage metadata in the Data Management System (DMS), the enterprise’s metadata repository.
• Interaction with software engineering and DBA teams in order to understand their database requirements for new products or features
• Perform database administration tasks, including automation, performance monitoring, system tuning, and SQL query optimization
• Plan and provide operational oversight in database maintenance with minimal impact to customers
• Diagnoses and develops/recommends solutions to address system, software, security and other complex database issues
• Acts as lead on technical projects
• Participates in code reviews, ensuring best practices are followed
• Proficiency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc.)
• Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse initiatives including Data Model development, Semantic/Data Access Layer Development, Reporting and Dashboard Creation; developing solutions for shared data usage
• Experience with a Data Modeling tool (such as Erwin) and in developing processes to manage data model development, principles, and standards
• Experience with a Clinical industry focused data model preferred
To learn more about this and other positions, contact Jared Fudge at (978) 561-2019 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT workforce solutions, connecting healthcare provider, payer and life sciences organizations with experienced technology talent for consulting and full-time hiring. For more information, visit us on the web at www.healthcareitleaders.com.