Enterprise Information Management SpecialistJob Order #13063
- Posted On: January 10, 2019
- Position Title: Enterprise Information Management Specialist
- Position Type: Permanent
- State: California
- City: San Francisco
Our healthcare client in the San Francisco Bay Area is seeking multiple Enterprise Information Management Specialists to join their team. Individuals in the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Specialist role identify business intelligence (BI), reporting, and analytics needs. They work closely with business users and IT teams to turn data into actionable information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It is essential that EIM Specialists build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues.
EIM Specialists work with business users to determine business requirements and establish priorities. This includes working with stakeholders to identify and document the transactional systems; create and maintain core definitional information through, master data management (MDM), data quality management, and information governance functions; and define, build and manage analytics environments through the building of data models, data marts, and the use of BI tools. This individual is accountable for facilitating information gathering, documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management, and will be considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the information contained within the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
EIM Specialists understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create actionable information. The individual in this role must demonstrate a proficiency level sufficient to apply competencies effectively in the following domains: Business Intelligence; Analytics and Reporting, ETL Processes, Enterprise Data Warehousing, Information Quality; Master Data Management and Information Governance. They must work well within a team environment.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions using the systems development life cycle (SDLC). Works on complex cross-functional IT and business intelligence (BI) solutions and provides ad hoc and self-service reporting and analytics to end users across the enterprise. Sometimes works as the functional lead.
- Works with internal and external customers and business partners to develop and analyze BI and reporting needs. Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions. Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Designs organization-wide views and custom reports. Performs analyses for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms. Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Researches tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics. Interfaces with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing and customer applicability. Participates in vendor evaluations.
- Develops frameworks and/or policies for effective data management, including data definitions, standards, and roles and responsibilities.
- Assesses, designs and implements information governance initiatives including governance models, roles and responsibilities, processes, procedures and guidelines that encompass the definition, creation, use, privacy and security, ownership, and retention and deletion of organizational data.
- Establishes a data quality framework of policies, processes, quality measures, information standards and requirements. Ensures continuous monitoring of information against quality standards. Proposes control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data. Creates data quality tickets, as needed.
- Develops the information stewardship community structure, processes and procedures and a responsibility chart. Provides leadership and support to members of the data stewardship community.
- Assists in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions. Develops and documents the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Implements rollout plans for business intelligence tools, which involves preparing test plans, and conducting testing validation and user acceptance testing (UAT). Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials. Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, information systems, computer science, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- None required.
- Five to seven years of experience with business intelligence, relational databases, data mining, analytics and report writing.
- Two years of experience with master data management, data quality, and data governance functions.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more healthcare business functional areas.
- Experience with understanding business requirements and collaborating in finding technical solutions.
- Experience creating ad-hoc reports and analyses and writing SQL queries.
- Ability to extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems.
- Proficient in the use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Experience with Tableau or Qlik.
- Ability to standardize data collection by developing methods for database design and validation reports.
- Proficient in writing requirements and other technical documents, functional specifications and preparing business process flows.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business partners and IT professionals. Strong ability to explain advanced data concepts to database architects, non-technical end users, and senior executives.
- Ability to apply analysis and creative thinking when solving problems.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently.
- Familiar with systems development life cycle (SDLC), change management and agile methodology.
- Ability to foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence in the Enterprise Information Management group.
If you or anyone in your network meet these qualifications please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (678) 533-4464.
Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT workforce solutions, connecting healthcare provider, payer and life sciences organizations with experienced technology talent for consulting and full-time hiring. For more information, visit us on the web at www.healthcareitleaders.com